- To remember information about you, so you don’t have to give it to us again.
- To keep you signed in, even on different devices;
- To help us to understand how people are using our services, so we can make them better;
2. A few things on our website wouldn’t work without some cookies. Tech people call these “strictly necessary cookies”. They’re always on when you visit us. But we want to use others like functional, performance and advertising cookies to make your experience more enjoyable. We’ll only use them if you’ve agreed. You can always change your mind.
3. Bear in mind there are some other cookies on the internet from other companies. These “third-party cookies” might track how you use different websites, including ours. For example, you might get a social media company’s cookie when you see the option to share something. You can turn them off, but not through our site.
4. Some cookies are erased when you close the browser on your website. Others stay longer, sometimes forever, and are saved onto your device so that they’re there when you come back.
5. When you first visit the Site, we’ll tell you about our cookies and ask you to agree if we can use them. You can always change your mind by going to your settings. Stopping all cookies might mean you can’t access some SportsKidz services, or that some of them might not work properly for you.
Use of Personal Data Collected
6. SportsKidz uses the personal data information you provide for the following purposes:
- The personal data you provide SportsKidz to enrol for our Services will be processed in order to enrol your child for the chosen sports programme.
- When effecting a purchase, such data will be used for the development, facilitation and performance of the purchase and sale contract between both parties for the service you have purchased from the Site and related administrative and legal purposes. Such data may also be used to be able to contact you via email / telephone call / SMS to inform you about the services, including the security updates of the Site.
- In case you provide SportsKidz with third party information, you will be responsible for having informed and obtained their consent for this information to be provided for the purposes explained herein. If you have purchased a service for such third party, the information of such third party will only be used for managing the verification of the receipt of the services and attending to any query or request which you or the third party may have.
- In case you wish to make any queries through the contact form available on the Site, your personal data and contact details may be used by SportsKidz in order to respond to your queries.
- To communicate with you and provide you with information about our products and services, including direct marketing communications;
7. You hereby guarantee that the personal data provided are true and accurate and undertake to notify us of any change or alteration of them. Any loss or damage to the Site or to SportsKidz, or to any third party through the provision of erroneous, inexact or incomplete information on the registration form, will be exclusively your responsibility.
Requirements and Criteria for Processing
8. SportsKidz ensures that:
a. personal data is processed fairly and lawfully;
b. personal data is always processed in accordance with good practice;
c. personal data is only collected for specific, explicitly stated and legitimate purposes;
d. personal data is not processed for any purpose that is incompatible with that for which the information is collected. [The processing of personal data for historical, statistical or scientific purposes shall not be regarded as incompatible with the purposes for which the information was collected];
e. personal data that is processed is adequate and relevant in relation to the purposes of the processing;
f. no more personal data is processed than is necessary having regard to the purposes of the processing;
g. personal data that is processed is correct and, if necessary, up to date;
h. all reasonable measures are taken to complete, correct, block or erase data to the extent that such data is incomplete or incorrect, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed;
i. personal data is not kept for a period longer than is necessary, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed.
9. Your personal data and that of the enrolled child will be processed on any of the following grounds:
a. when processing is necessary for the performance of a contract: We process your personal data as necessary in order to provide you with the contracted services when you enrol for our sports programmes; or
b. with your consent: We will process your personal information when you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data or that of the enrolled child for one or more specific purposes set out above. You have various rights where we are processing your information on the basis of your consent. For example, if you no longer wish to be on one of our mailing lists, you can choose to opt out at any time by following the “unsubscribe” instructions at the bottom of our promotional emails.
c. when processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which SportsKidz is subject; or
d. when processing is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of the enrolled child.
e. When processing is necessary for a purpose that concerns a legitimate interest of SportsKidz or of such a third party to whom personal data is provided, except where such interest is overridden by the interest to protect your fundamental rights and freedoms and in particular your right to privacy.
Sharing of Personal Data
10. We will not release personal information about you as an individual to third parties, except under the circumstances described above in compliance with legal process.
11. While no method of data transmission is guaranteed against unlawful third-party interception or other misuse, SportsKidz uses commercially reasonable efforts to ensure protection of your data including industry-standard encryption and offline security methods in our physical facilities.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
12. SportsKidz may disclose such personal data only if we are required and permitted to do so by law, in accordance with the Data Protection Act, or we believe, in good faith, that such action is necessary to:
a. comply with the law or with legal process,
b. protect and defend our rights and property,
c. protect against misuse of unauthorised use of the Site and its content; or
d. protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public.
13. Where strictly necessary, we may also disclose this information to third party processors, financial institutions or other third-party service providers who help with our business operations, for example to process your payment through the Site. By providing information in this Site or otherwise to SportsKidz, you expressly authorise us to disclose and process your information as described.
Transfers outside the European Union
14. We may transfer your personal information outside of Malta. The countries to which your personal information is transferred may not offer an equivalent level of protection for personal information to the laws of Malta. Where appropriate, we will take steps to ensure your information is transferred subject to appropriate safeguards, such as by entering into data transfer agreements. Where we have put data transfer agreements or similar safeguards in place, we may be able to make a copy of this available to you if you contact us via one of the methods set out under the header “Contact Information” below.
How long will we keep your personal information?
15. We have a data retention policy that sets out how long we keep your information. This policy is based on the type of information and the purpose of collection. As a general rule, we keep your personal information for as long as we need to in order to carry out those purposes for which your data has been collected.
16. SportsKidz shall, at the request of the data subject, immediately rectify, block or erase such personal data that has not been processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act or with regulations made thereunder.
17. SportsKidz shall notify any third party to whom the data has been disclosed about the measures undertaken as aforesaid. Provided that no such notification need be provided if it is shown to be impossible or it will involve a disproportionate effort.
18. Should you wish to exercise your rights for access, rectification, erasure and/or objection in regard to the personal data collected in your regard, you may contact us via one of the methods set out under the header “Contact Information” below. We may request that you provide us with an identification document in order to ensure maximum security and confidentiality.
19. You have the right to:
- Withdraw your consent when your personal data is processed on the basis of your consent. The withdrawal of your consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal of your consent.
- Ask SportsKidz about the processing of your personal information, including to be provided with a copy of your personal information held by SportsKidz;
- to request the correction and/or deletion of your personal information, or restrict or object to the processing of your personal information;
- to request to obtain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes across different services; and
- to complain to a competent supervisory authority, or to a court of law, if your data protection rights are violated or you have suffered as a result of unlawful processing of your personal information.
20. If you would like access to the information that we hold about you, if any of the information that we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, or if you wish to withdraw your consent to the processing of your data or to restrict or object to us processing it, please let us know by getting in touch via one of the methods set out under the header “Contact Us“ below.
21. If you object to our processing of your personal information, we will respect such requests in accordance with our legal obligations. Your objection may mean that we may not be able to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes set out above.
22. SportsKidz may be required or entitled to retain your information to comply with legal and regulatory obligations and to protect and exercise our legal rights and legitimate interests.
23. In addition to those rights outlined above you also have an unconditional right to object at any time to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes by contacting us via one of the methods set out under the header “Contact Us” below.
25. FM Theatre Productions Ltd is the controller of your personal information. The contact person for data protection related matters is Edward Mercieca
26. Should you have any questions, comments and requests regarding the processing of your data you may contact us through any of the following methods:
By phone: +356 79423940
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: The Data Protection Officer, FM Theatre Productions Ltd. The Farm, Triq il-Kappella Ta’ Santa Marija, Maghtab, Naxxar NXR 6511, MALTA.